In a past series of blog posts, focusing on Azure Site Recovery (ASR) we setup and configured ASR for various deployments:
- ASR for Hyper-V 2016 On-Premises
- ASR for Hyper-V 2012R2 On-Premises
- ASR for VMs being hosted within Azure
- ASR for VMs being hosted On-Premises
- ASR for an ESXi hosted On-Premises, coming soon…
In this post, we can now track the charges accrued by our VMs and ASR. Azure’s Billing (currently in Preview) breaks down the costs per resource group (RG), and components within that RG.
For starters, you get the following notification pop-up in the upper right corner of your Azure portal:
If you go into your Billing via Marketplace, you can get a complete breakdown of the costs you are pilling up by using various services such as ASR.
You can also drill down by viewing the Burn rate, which breaks down the costs per service/resource.